Our mission is to serve children and families in our community (defined as being within a 25-mile radius of Sherwood Country Club) by supporting programs that address educational, nutritional, medical and safety needs.
The Sherwood Country Club Charitable Foundation provides grants to organizations with demonstrated capabilities in providing high quality programs. Grants can be used for capital improvements or campaigns, specific projects and for general program expenses.
The Foundation provides grants to charities that:
- Are 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
- Serve children and families in addressing educational, medical, nutritional or safety needs.
- Provide significant services supporting the community within a 25-mile radius of Sherwood Country Club.
- Have a history of demonstrated program operating success and outcomes in providing their services. Please note, the Foundation does not provide grants to groups that operate primarily as fundraisers for other charitable organizations.
- Have a history of demonstrated efficient financial management and controls in providing their services.
- Are successful in raising funds from additional sources, particularly in their immediate communities.
- Agree to the Foundation’s requirements for post-award financial and operational reporting, in addition to entering into mutual releases with us regarding the use of names, logos and photos.
The Foundation accepts grant applications in two award cycles, from January to February and from July to August of each year. All grant applications will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Grants Committee, and approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Applicants are informed of the status of their requests upon completion of the Board’s review, which will be in May and November for the first and second award cycles, respectively. Charitable organizations are allowed to apply once per year.
Grant Application Instructions and Submission
All applications must be submitted online at the Submittable link prior to the closing date of the applicable award cycle to be eligible for consideration. You will have the opportunity to upload the required documents when you can complete your application online.
If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Documents for Grants Process
- Completed Foundation Grant Application which must be done online.
- If you have previously received a grant from us, a report detailing how you used the funds previously received with an explanation of the program's objectives, the measurable outcomes, the community response and any success stories from the program. The report need not be lengthy and may be in letter format.
- Letter from the US Treasury Office, stating your organization is tax exempt under 501 (c)(3).
- List of Officers and Board of Directors and major donors.
- Current itemized budget.
- Financial statements for the previous two years, with program, administrative and fundraising expenses identified.
- Most recent Tax Return/Form 990.
- A completed W-9 tax form.